Dejima District



Lot Number

Renter (Owner)

Date

No.1
 
The Netherlands Trading Society, A.J.
Bauduin (Dutch), agent, is renting the lot.
The Dutch Consulate ( F.P. Tombrink,consul) 
is located here.
Goods of the Netherlands Trading Society 
(Dutch) are auctioned off. (The NTS is here 
until 1878.)
William Jamieson (British).
January 1865
 
January 1870

April 1870


November 1879

No.2
A.J. Bauduin (Dutch) is renting the lot. [He is 
still the renter in January 1870.]
C.G. van Mansvelt (Dutch physician) lives 
here.
William Jamieson (British).
Raspe & Co. (German) ceases operations. 
Carl E. Boeddinghaus (German).
A 2-story 10-room building is for rent by 
Boeddinghaus.
Mitsui Bussan Kaisha (Japanese) is the 
renter.
1865

May 1867

November 1879
October 1899 
1902 
January 1903

1908 

No.3
A.J. Bauduin (Dutch) is renting the lot. [He is 
still the renter in January 1870.]
The Dutch Consulate (A.J. Bauduin, consul, is 
located here.
1865 

1867 

No.4
A.J. Bauduin (Dutch) is renting the lot.
The lot is transferred to Louis Kniffler 
(Prussian/German) of L. Kniffler & Co. [The 
company went out of business in May 1880.] 
A. Reddelien's (German) property is for sale
A. Reddelien & Co. (German) is located here.
Raspe & Co. (German) is located here.
C.E. Boeddinghaus lives here until his death.
1865
February 1865


October 1878
1889
1890
To December 1914

No.5
Pignatel & Co. is renting the lot. Victor 
Pignatel (French) lives here until his death in 
1922.
1865


No.6
The lot is transferred to Louis Kniffler 
(Prussian/German) of L. Kniffler & Co.
Eugene Bohlens (Prussian/German), Oscar
Hartmann (Prussian/German), and Carl
Lehmann (Prussian/German) are here. 
[Eugene Bohlens (Prussian/German), the lot 
renter, is still here in January 1870.]
January 1889 The lot belongs to A. Reddelien 
& Co. (German). 
January 1865 

1867





January 1889

No.7
 
Hartmans & Besier (Dutch)
Frederick Ringer (British) holds the deed
The Nagasaki International Club is established 
here.
Sydney Ringer sells the property to Nagasaki 
City.
1865
1879
1899
1903

1952

No.8
Jacob van Zameren (Dutch) runs a shop here.
The deed is registered to Boeddinghaus, 
Dittmer & Co. (German)
The lot is transferred to Herbert Maundrell of 
the Church Missionary Society (British), 
which has missionary housing here [until 
1889].
May 1865
January 1871

January 1878



No.9
J. Schut, Jr. (Dutch) of Schut & Co. 
Boeddinghaus, Dittmer & Co. (Prussian/
German)
C.E. Boeddinghaus (Prussian/German) holds 
the deed
The lot is transferred to Herbert Maundrell of 
the Church Missionary Society (British), 
which has missionary housing here [until 
1889].
1865
January 1870

April 1870

January 1878

No.10
Adrian & Co. (Prussian under Dutch 
protection)
Henri Gordes (French) of Henri Gordes & Co. 
Adrian & Co. (Prussian under Dutch 
protection) 
The lot is transferred to Herbert Maundrell of 
the Church Missionary Society (British). [St. 
Andrew's Seminary is located here from 
November 11, 1877; later Church Missionary 
Society missionary housing.]
1865

1867
1872

January 1877

No.11









No.11A
Textor & Co. (Prussian) 
This lot is transferred to Louis Kniffler 
(Prussian) of L. Kniffler & Co. [vacant]
Louis Kniffler (Prussian) is the renter. 
[godowns]
This lot is transferred to the Church 
Missionary Society (British). [The Deshima 
Day School is here from February 1879 to 
July 1883.]

Louis Kniffler (Prussian) of L. Kniffler & Co. is 
the renter. [godowns]
Dr. C.G. van Mansvelt (Dutch)
Henderson Burnside of the Church 
Missionary Society (British) is the renter. 
[The Dejima Church for Japanese is here 
from July 1875.]
September 1859
August 1866 

January 1870

January 1877





January 1869

November 1869
August 1874

No.12 
A.J. Bauduin (Dutch) of the Netherlands 
Trading Society is here. [offices & godowns]
There is a public auction of the Netherlands 
Trading Society (Dutch) buildings located 
here.
1865

May 1871

No.13 
Julius Adrian (Prussian/German under Dutch 
protection) of Adrian & Co. is here. [offices & 
godowns]
Adrian & Co. (Prussian/German under Dutch 
protection) went out of business.
L. Van de Pol (Dutch).
July 1861


January 1871

August 1874

No.14
A.J. Bauduin (Dutch) is the renter.
Louis Kniffler (Prussian/German) [godowns]
L. Kniffler & Co. sells Dejima godowns at 
auction on December 30.
1865
January 1865
December 1871

No.15
A.J. Bauduin (Dutch) is the renter. [godowns]
J. Van Zameren (Dutch) is the renter. 
[godowns]
1865
1867


No.16
L. Van de Pol (Dutch), storekeeper [renter, 
Schut & Co. (Prussian/German)], is here.
Schut, Scheuten & Co. (Prussian/German) 
1867

January 1870

No.17
Grosser & Co. (Prussian/German)
Schut & Co. (Prussian/German) is the 
renter. [godowns]
Schut, Scheuten & Co. (Prussian/German) is 
the renter. [godowns]
1859
1867

January 1870

No.18
Hartmans & Besier (Prussian/German) is the 
renter. [godowns]
1867

No.19
Hartmans & Besier (Prussian/German) is the renter. [godowns] 1867

No.20
Hartmans & Besier (Prussian/German) is the renter. [godowns] 1867

No.21
Adrian & Co. (Prussian/German) is the renter.
Japanese bazaar is located here. 
1865
1867

No.22
Louis Kniffler (Prussian/German). [tea firing godown]
The lot is transferred to the Methodist Episcopal Church (American) to replace No. 24 Dejima, which was lost as a result of the widening of the river. [Methodist Church]
January 1865

October 1887

No.23
Louis Kniffler (Prussian/German). [godowns]
L. Kniffler & Co. sells its Dejima godowns at auction on December 30.
January 1865
December 1871

No.24
Adrian & Co. (Prussian/German) [Chinese hong]
J.C. Davison (American) of the Methodist Episcopal Church rents the lot. [Methodist Church]
The property is taken over by the Japanese government as part of a project to widen Nakashima River.
1865

May 1875


October 1887


No.25
A.J. Bauduin (Dutch) of the Netherlands Trading Company is the renter. [godowns]
The lot is vacant.
1865

January 1870

No.26
Adrian & Co. (Prussian/German) is the renter. [godowns] 1865

No.27
There is a watchhouse (Japanese) here. January 1870